Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Edmonton and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility expenses less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can try a couple other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and correct the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 780-800-7092 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the best fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.