Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Edmonton and keeping payments low.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility expenses less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of a couple other methods to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and correct the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 780-800-7092 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the best product for your house. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.