Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner unit in Edmonton operating at its top performance while keeping utility consumption down. It also may even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at McKinley Heating Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that entails a hefty amount of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling equipment scrubbed and checked out. Delaying to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be a gamble. If you need service or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for a tech. And that can turn extremely unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service can be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioning system in the best state:
- Change your air filter suggests each month or two. This is especially necessary if you deal with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance near the outdoor condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your equipment, since this can limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring McKinley Heating Service Experts at 780-800-7092, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving components working like they should and potentially skip problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to ensure your unit is starting, running and turning off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that need additional service, we are prepared to give you the most economical option. Uncovering likely issues early can solve more expensive problems later. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated cooling system to help make your new equipment fit your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your service? Give us a call at 780-800-7092 or schedule an appointment online now.