Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioner unit in Edmonton operating at its best performance while keeping electricity consumption down. It also may even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are several things you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at McKinley Heating Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that entails a hefty portion of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling unit freshened and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you need service or replacement, you may be waiting days for a technician. And that can become awfully unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service can be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning system in the best state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters block airflow and may decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially crucial if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance near the exterior condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your system, since this can limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with McKinley Heating Service Experts at 780-800-7092, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide secure comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving components working like they should and potentially skip problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to double check your unit is starting, running and shutting off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that involve extra work, we are prepared to give you the most cost-effective option. Uncovering possible issues early can solve more expensive problems later. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is aging.
When you are looking for an updated AC system, our Experts will work with you to locate the ideal model for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your service? Give us a call at 780-800-7092 or schedule an appointment online right away.