We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Edmonton homeowners often call McKinley Heating Service Experts about. Although there are theoretically hundreds of causes why your Edmonton home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overload or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
Every one of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from McKinley Heating Service Experts can quickly spot the problem area and make the needed repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from practically all heating problems that leaves your home with no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Don’t forget – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age have the potential to pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact McKinley Heating Service Experts of Edmonton at to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.