Summer is normally a crazy time of year for many families in Edmonton. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Edmonton heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Edmonton heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give McKinley Heating Service Experts a call at 780-800-7092 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Edmonton heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Edmonton temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a tad sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.