Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Edmonton, you could be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some things to consider, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your house comfortable. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from McKinley Heating Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can avoid the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and reducing your monthly energy bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at once. And you may even qualify for a discount since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on McKinley Heating Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 780-800-7092 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.