Your heating and cooling system is essential to a comfortable home and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you had a way to maintain an uninterrupted supply of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to schedule tune-ups with McKinley Heating Service Experts, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Expose small problems right away: Issues with your heating and cooling often form little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and fix little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of breakdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a sudden breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement equipment.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is running like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your HVAC system? An HVAC contract grants access to the fastest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you unhappy, your technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
McKinley Heating Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and work with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local McKinley Heating Service Experts office today.