Relying on a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the recommended way to alert you to this deadly gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is deadly in heavy levels.
A carbon monoxide detector is like a smoke alarm. It monitors the air and beeps if carbon monoxide amounts are becoming dangerous. If possible, you should have no fewer than one detector by all living areas, or on every floor in your house. These detectors are best used when paired with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your unit in top shape and could help you avoid carbon monoxide in Edmonton.