No matter what the elements outside, the temperature in your home decides how comfortable you will be. Find the right temp and your house will feel like a nice escape from it all. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t operating the way it should, you’ll notice. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Brace yourself to take an in-depth look at the way you’re managing your HVAC equipment. It could be the difference between a superstar system or a problematic performer. Complete this quick quiz from Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are almost here. How do you prep your system?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a party on a hot night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your solution?
- Instruct my friends to bring cool beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it working before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What happens when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor pick one out and finance it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and charges by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most expensive system on the market.
- When you get your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will will cost more. My heating and cooling charges have increased quite a bit.
- It will be comparable to the expenses for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Find my toolbox and kill a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call a professional technician to check it out.
- Block it out and pray it ends.
Now add up your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are on the money. You’re taking care of your equipment and you have a plan for replacement. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make some changes to help your system perform better. Read below to discover how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Schedule Annual Maintenance While switching out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are critical tasks to ready your equipment for a season change, a professional maintenance appointment is helpful to conclude the process. During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will complete a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around the house, your HVAC professional will keep an eye out for more significant problems for your equipment. That could save you a costly breakdown in the future.
Find a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained HVAC systems can have issues occasionally. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that much needed service to homeowners at no additional cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained heating and cooling systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Build a strategy now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they radically change. Your utility bills can reveal more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a regular increase in your expenses but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely going on with your system. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you notice a odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than irritating. It is telling you something is off with your system. Even if it’s a seemingly small trouble, left without professional help it could make for an high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, money and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t doing its job anymore, contemplate installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!