No matter what the elements outside in Edmonton, the temperature in your house designates how comfortable you will be. Find the right temp and your house will feel like a comfortable escape from the world. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t operating accurately, you’ll know. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Brace yourself for a detailed look at how you’re managing your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a superstar system or a problematic performer. Complete this quick quiz from McKinley Heating Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Summer is almost here in Edmonton. How do you prep your system?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a party on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your solution?
- Instruct my visitors to bring cool beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it functioning before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What happens when it’s time for a replacement?
- Let my contractor to pick one out and fund it with a credit card.
- Save worries and charges by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most expensive system on the market in Edmonton.
- When you get your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will cost more. My home comfort charges have been climbing.
- It will be comparable to the expenses for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Find my toolbox and kill a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Call a professional technician to check it out.
- Block it out and pray it ends.
Now add up your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you made a plan for replacement. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you could make some changes to help your system perform more efficiently. Read below to discover how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While switching out your air filter and dusting your vents are critical tasks to ready your equipment for a season change, a professional maintenance appointment is helpful to conclude the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will handle a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency professional will keep an eye out for more significant headaches for your home. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Find a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained home comfort systems can have issues occasionally. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that much needed service to homeowners at no additional cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Well-maintained heating and cooling systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Build a strategy now to evade last-minute pressure when your machine takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. As an added bonus, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they dramatically change. Your power bills can reveal more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a regular increase in your expenses but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely happening with your system. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than aggravating. It is telling you something is off with your system. Even if it’s a relatively small trouble, left without professional help it could make for a high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, money and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t doing its job anymore, contemplate selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!