Summer has made its way to Edmonton and the last thing you need is your AC going out during the extreme heat. Help avoid your home’s air conditioning system from malfunctioning with a yearly A/C system tune-up from McKinley Heating Service Experts.
What exactly is an A/C system tune-up?
Just like you visit your general practitioner annually for an exam, an A/C system tune-up is a yearly visit to make sure your central AC is healthy and in working order. Most typical A/C system tune-ups will entail calibrating the thermostat, cleaning the condenser coils, checking your refrigerant levels and checking for leaks, examining and tightening all electrical pieces, and analyzing the operation of the blower belt and motor.
A/C system tune-ups with McKinley Heating Service Experts
When you call McKinley Heating Service Experts for your A/C system tune-up, our tune-ups include a full visual inspection and a complete cleaning. Keeping reading for the complete list of steps in our System Inspection and Precision A/C system tune-up.
- Calibrating thermostat
- Examine air and/or oil filters
- Inspect blower components
- Gauge air flow
- Inspect all electrical connections
- Verify proper system function
- Confirm quality of installation
- Inspect area around equipment
- Examine system clearances
- Evaluate overall condition
- Inspect condenser and evaporator coils
- Evaluate starting capabilities
- Assess safety features
- Analyze temperature variance in supply and return
- Observe refrigerant pressure
- Inspect condensate drains
- Clean and/or replace standard home air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Assess volts and amps
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Clean condensate drain
- Administer protective coating
- In-place cleaning of blower components
- Observe cooling cycle
- Apply biocide treatment
- Clean condenser coil
McKinley Heating Service Experts in Edmonton is currently celebrating summer with discounts on air conditioning tune-ups and certain home comfort system upgrades. To discover more or schedule your seasonal A/C system tune-up, call 780-800-7092 today!