Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Edmonton.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when operated properly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by booking routine furnace maintenance with McKinley Heating Service Experts.