Stopping it from happening is the most important step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Edmonton.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when run properly but can create carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe heating by requesting routine furnace maintenance with McKinley Heating Service Experts.