What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by insufficient fuel combustion often caused by not enough oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with prolonged exposure.